Re: Topology and parameters for nitrate and nitrite ion

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2013 - 09:17:32 CDT

Putting together a topology for nitrate would be trivial, provided all the
parameters (including Lennard-Jones !) are available, as well as the
charges. If you need help with this procedure, I feel it would be more
appropriate to ask at the "Parameter Set Discussion" CHARMM forum. When
doing so, please cite the source where you found the parameters.

For the record: the "Parameter Set Discussion" forum (but *not* the other
CHARMM forums) is open to all people who use the official CHARMM parameter
set, even if they're not using the CHARMM program. An important exception
to this exception is that we generally won't help with problems with the
parameter set that are *specific* to another software than CHARMM, because
is up to the software developers to ensure compatibility with the
parameter file format. Also, *if* you explicitly mention you're a NAMD
user, then it's possible you'll get a knee-jerk reflex from the other
forum regulars: "go ask the NAMD support channels". Don't be discouraged
by this: if I think your question has merit as a general parameter set
question, I'll do my best to answer it.