Re: A larger protein data bank for performance benchmark

From: Rebecca Swett (rswett_at_chem.wayne.edu)
Date: Mon May 13 2013 - 20:52:17 CDT

I think you are being somewhat unclear. Are you looking for the PDB
structure of a large protein? or are you looking for a large set of PDB's?
The acronym PDB stands for protein data bank, www.pdb.org is the
repository of known crystal structures. Used as a file extension, it
represents
crystallographic coordinates saved in the standardized protein data bank
format. www.pdb.org is where you would find most known structure files
in the downloadable format
of numbers and letters. For example 2aa1.pdb is the structure of the day
today and is a large toxin. If you are looking for a collection of
structure files in pdb format, you may want to look at some of the
search and download options on that site. However I strongly suggest
doing some more reading. It is imperative to good science that users
understand the files and formats they are working with.

R.J. Swett
Wayne State University
357 Chemistry
Detroit, MI 48201