Re: FEP on an amino acid ligand

From: Gordon Wells (gordon.wells_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2013 - 14:44:41 CST

(apologies, forgot to post to the list)

I've been having similar problems with the mutator plugin, it crashes when
trying to generate FEP input files. This is the error:

can't read "aa()": no such element in array
ERROR: failed while building segment
MOLECULE DESTROYED BY FATAL ERROR! Use resetpsf to start over.

this seems to fix it, "diff before after":
< set hyb [format "%s2%s" $aa($oldres) $aa([string toupper
$mut])]
< if { [info exists cmdline(-ressegname)] } {
< #puts "\n Mutator DEBUG: $i $ressegname"
< if { $i == $ressegname } {
< puts "\n Mutator: Residue $oldres $resid of segment
$ressegname is now $hyb"
< mutate $resid $hyb
< }
< } else {
< puts "\n Mutator: Residue $oldres $resid of segment $i
is now $hyb"
< mutate $resid $hyb
< }

---
>         puts $oldres
>         puts $mut
>         if {[$alpha num] == 1} {
>                  set hyb [format "%s2%s" $aa($oldres) $aa([string toupper
$mut])]

>         if { [info exists cmdline(-ressegname)] } {
>             #puts "\n Mutator DEBUG: $i $ressegname"
>             if { $i == $ressegname } {
>             puts "\n Mutator: Residue $oldres $resid of segment
$ressegname is now $hyb"
>             mutate $resid $hyb
>             }
>         } else {
>             puts "\n Mutator: Residue $oldres $resid of segment $i is now
$hyb"
>             mutate $resid $hyb
>         }
>
>         }