Re: FEP calculations: optimizing the dlambda, number of steps

From: Shyno Mathew (sm3334_at_columbia.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2013 - 11:01:18 CST

thanks again Jerome. Sorry to bother with multiple questions.
Here is how the FEP section of my .conf file looks like (I saw it in one of
the FEP tutorials).
So for each window it does 5000 step minimization followed by 10,000 step
run. What you are suggesting is just do minimization at the very first
window only?

alch on
alchType FEP
alchFile 04collab_wet.fep
alchCol B
alchOutFile 05collab.fepout
alchOutFreq 100
alchVdwLambdaEnd 1.0
alchElecLambdaStart 0.5
alchVdWShiftCoeff 5.0
alchDecouple off
alchEquilSteps 5000

set Lambda0 0.0
set dLambda 0.05
while {$Lambda0 < 1.0} {
  alchLambda $Lambda0
  set Lambda0 [expr \$Lambda0 + \$dLambda]
  alchLambda2 $Lambda0
  run 15000
}

thanks,