Problem in creating dummy atom

From: Atanu Maity (atanuchem48_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2013 - 01:43:09 CDT

Dear NAMD users,
        I want to run a 'constant velocity pulling' steered molecular
dynamics for which i want a dummy atom to be used as fixedatom. I am facing
problem in creating this dummy atom.
I am using the following script to type in TkConsole of VMD --

  mol new atoms 1
  set sel [atomselect top all]
  $sel set radius 5.0
  $sel set {x y z} {2.0 3.0 4.0 }

  But it is giving the error
 "atomselect: set: 3 data items doesn't match 1 selected atoms."

 while trying
 $sel set {x y z} {{2.0 3.0 4.0}} , it gioves no error.
 But
 $sel get {x y z} is printing
 {0.0 0.0 0.0}

I hope this is one way to create a dummy atom. Please help me to sort out
the problem and/or suggest if there is any other way to do so.

Thanks,

Atanu