Re: question about setting up FEP calculations

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2013 - 12:00:58 CDT

No, that short run is not correct, because it does not describe any physically meaningful state.

Now I suspect one thing: that the two end-point groups are clashing, and that causes instability. The only reason why that could happen is if you don't have the proper nonbonded exclusions, which could happen if you are running the memory-optimized version of NAMD.

To make sure, you could try running Alchemify on your PSF before running:
http://www.edam.uhp-nancy.fr/Alchemify/

Best,
Jerome