Re: problem with Dihedral

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2013 - 21:42:57 CDT

I don't know for sure what you mean by 2s+1, but the only thing I can
think of is the QM spin multiplicity. There's no connection between that
quantity and the multiplicity of a dihedral cosine function (except the name).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplicity_%28chemistry%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_%28physics%29#Spin_projection_quantum_number_and_spin_multiplicity

Adjusting force field parameters is highly specialized work; if you're not
sure about the meaning of the force field terms, then you probably
shouldn't go there.