Re: Using negatively charged phospholipids and no neutralization, membrane expands in the xy direction .......

From: Villalain Boullon, Jose (jvillalain_at_umh.es)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2013 - 05:52:05 CDT

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your responses.

The reason I want to test the neutralized and non-neutralized systems is that we are working with a peptide which interacts with negatively charged phospholipids BUT IN THE ABSENCE of positive ions (sodium, calcium); i.e., the lower the ionic strength, the higher the interaction is. Under these conditions it seems also that the peptide, apart from interacting with the phospholipids, changes its conformation.

My best regards,

José.