Re: Preventing rotation of a protein

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2013 - 11:54:15 CDT

The forces needed to effectively counter the Brownian motion of a protein
are very subtle, and one could argue that their effect is likely smaller
than a lot of the other assumptions commonly made when running MD.
Applying these weak forces on a subset of atoms has been pretty routine
practice for a long time, so one would think if it has significant
effects, someone would have noticed already. I don't have any hard
evidence handy (maybe someone else here does), but I generally feel there
are worse things to worry about in a typical MD simulation.