Using CosntantArea in membrane simulation

From: Peterson J (peterson.jjjj_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2013 - 16:53:06 CDT

Hello Everyone,

I am starting a simulation with a system containing membrane embedded
protein. I am using useFlexibleCell and useConstantArea options turned on
to maintain the area. Is this the usual procedure to simulate a system with
membrane. I have this confusion after seeing many research papers
discussing about maintaining or carefully checking the area per lipid
parameter. While using the useConstantArea = yes, one will always have the
same value for the area per lipid. Am I doing something wrong.

Addtional note: I'm using " useFlexibleCell = yes and useConstantArea = yes
" even during my equilibration runs.

Thanks,
-Peterson