Re: how to do a vacuum minimization without electrostatics and periodic boundary conditions?

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2013 - 10:47:48 CDT

you certainly shouldn't have periodic conditions if doing a vacuum
simulation anyway, at any point. Getting rid of that is easy, just don't
write any periodic flags to your config file, e.i. PBC, cellBasisVector and
so forth. Maybe double check the manual to ensure PBC on isn't the
default, in which case you'd just have to explicitly turn it off.

I don't know how to turn off the electrostatics. Are you confident that's
a good assumption? How massive is this chain that it would add so much to
the computational time? If you leave a cutoff (which is questionable for
vacuum) then in the extended form there will be few pairs, so you won't
start doing a lot of long range calculations until the chain collapses
anyway.

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc