Re: metadynamics

From: Niklaus Johner (nij2003_at_med.cornell.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2013 - 10:17:00 CDT

Hi,

My understanding is that PLUMED does indeed use only one processor, but this is just for the calculations needed for your collective variable, which is usually very small compared to the processing that has to be made for all the forces in the system. The latter are still spread on multiple processors and the GPUs. Therefore this doesn't slow down your namd run (except in some extreme cases, such as using as collective variable the contacts between two large sets of atoms for example).

You should see that right away form the performance of your runs anyway, but I have used PLUMED-NAMD with GPUs and it works fine.

N.

Niklaus Johner
Weill Cornell Medical College
Harel Weinstein Lab