Re: strange result using implicit solvent

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 12:04:43 CDT

In addition to the comments already about ensuring you have the right bound
configuration, and that maybe implicit solvent and/or your forcefield may
just not work, did you have SASA on in your config file? I think by
default it is off, and turning it on will attempt to more fully capture the
hydrophobic effect (I think that without it you are essentially working
with 80-90% of the effect due having CDW interactions between protein and
ligand, but none for water).

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc