Re: Colvars value is out of boundary

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2012 - 16:29:18 CST

The force constant will of course depend on the strength of the underlying
potential landscape. Perhaps you have a deep energy well located in the
direction of 7.3 that is overpowering the restraints.

Certainly for something like a ligand diffusing around in solution far from
the binding site, 1 kcal/mol*A^2 is enough to keep it fairly firmly within
the bounds, but maybe your situation is much different?

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student