Re: Is the TMD equation in the user manual correct?

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2012 - 15:47:39 CDT

I think you're right. That being said, the choice of k in TMD is rather ad hoc anyway, so it doesn't matter terribly much. Obviously it can't be fixed in the code (or would mess up all previous configs), but a change to the manual should be mostly harmless. One would just have to change the equation to be k, not k/N, but note that k is effectively scaled by N in the force (so really nothing changes in how one thinks about it). It makes sense intuitively anyway that k should NOT be scaled in U, which is the potential for the ENTIRE domain, but will be scaled (once) in F, which is applied to INDIVIDUAL atoms.

I'm copying the last person to work on that part of the code to see if he agrees.