Re: restarting umbrella sampling simulation.

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2012 - 04:31:05 CDT

Ipsita,
Please keep the list in CC so that others can follow this conversation.

The config file should not be changed for restarting (i.e. "centers
70" should stay that way), as NAMD should get from the restart file
information about the current stage of the transformation.

The very first stage should be numbered zero. Please look for output
lines mentioning changes in restraint centers in the log file of the
first NAMD run.

Finally, be aware that targetNumSteps gives the number of steps per
stage, not the total. The total simulation time should be
(targetNumStages + 1) * targetNumSteps.
The +1 is for sampling the last point: for 100 stages, there are 101
points to be sampled.

Sorry if the documentation was not explicit enough about this. We try
to improve it as we realize what's needed, thanks to user feedback
like yours.

Jerome