CUDA error on Pe 4: device cannot map host memory

From: Vignesh (vignesh757_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2012 - 18:57:14 CDT

Hello,

I am having trouble initiating a namd run on two GPUs (GTX 560). Both
my GPUs are recognized and the compute mode for both of them are set
to 0/default. I am using NAMD_2.9b1_Linux-x86-multicore-CUDA.

The error I get is as follows:

Exiting: Called CmiAbort -------
Reason: FATAL ERROR: CUDA error on Pe 4 (device 1) : device cannot map
host memory

Charm++ fatal error:
FATAL ERROR: CUDA error on Pe 4 (device 1): device cannot map host memory

The command used was:
./charmrun +p4 ./namd2 +idlepoll +devices 0,1 abc.conf > abc.log &

If initiate the run on only one GPU (device 0) it works fine but I
cannot initiate a run on the other GPU (device 1 i.e.) or both GPUs
together. It would be very helpful if someone could help me understand
where I am going wrong.

Sincerely,
Vignesh

P.S: The motherboard has 3x6Gb RAM in case someone was wondering.