Re: Issues with 'Gyration' in Colvars module

From: Shaon Chakrabarti (shaonc_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2012 - 14:29:52 CDT

Hi Giacomo,Aron and Jerome (Jerome--thanks a lot for sending me the source
file!),
   Really sorry for taking so much time to get back to you'll--we were
perilously short of computer time in our group, and I was waiting for the
month to end to get some new computer time. Sorry if this causes
inconvenience.

PROBLEM 1)
Jerome--I had included hydrogen atoms in my calculation of Rg and so the
results I mentioned in my previous email had hydrogen included.

PROBLEM 2)
Answer to Aron's question--yes, every time I start a simulation from a pdb
and psf generated from the middle of a dcd file, I recalculate the center
and minmax of that frame using VMD. Because of NPT simulations, the
box size does vary a bit, and I've been careful about that aspect.

About your suggestion,Aron---it seemed very reasonable to me, and I tried
it out...but the result is still the same! The system stays stuck at Rg
around
7.0 all the time! I am attaching my colvars config file and the
colvars.traj
file showing a 0.2 ns run, including applied forces.

Sincerely,
Shaon