Re: AW: AW: Generating force field for novel molecules

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2012 - 05:44:42 CDT

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM, Sajad Falsafi-Zadeh
<sajad.falsafi_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I assume you want to generate PSF file for a new molecule but not
> non-standard amino acid. you can use the topotools plug-in.
> here i write a script to generate PSF file via topotools plug-in.
>
> package require topotools
> mol new YOURPDB.pdb
> topo retypebonds
> topo guessangles
> topo guessdihedrals
> topo guessimpropers
> set sel [atomselect top all]
> $sel writepdb NEW.pdb
> $sel writepsf NEW.psf

that is a useless exercise, since this procedure
neither assigns the necessary partial charges,
atom types and for certain does not allow the
calculation to run, if there are no suitable bonded
or non-bonded parameters for the hypothetical
atom types or the molecule. finding the parameters
is the "hard" work, not the topology. ...and it cannot
be entirely automated, but requires human interaction
and common sense.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer