Re: hbonds colvar component

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 08:58:04 CDT

Hi Vlad, why don't you add instead an "angle" component to the variable
containing "hbond"? You keep the "hbond" component, which goes from 0 to
1, and define "componentCoeff" as 0.5. Then you also add an angle with
"componentCoeff" equal to 0.5/180. When the angle is equal to 180° and the
distance is within the cutoff, you get an improved hbond variable that
takes the angle into account. If you think that the variable is not
sensitive enough to the angle, you may play with componentExp to make the
angle term vary more steeply.

None of the above requires editing the source code, so you can optimize it
as much as you want for your specific problem.

Bests
Giacomo