AW: AW: center of mass movement removal throughout simulation?

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2012 - 01:49:39 CDT

Unfortunately I don’t really understand your problem. If you align your
protein, vmd will move the whole system so that your protein is always on
the same place, thereas IMHO it cannot affect distances of your protein and
ligand. So what you see might be happening for real. Please explain what the
problem really is. And think of wrapping your system if the ligand is moving
far away, it’s maybe not, if is not done by namd already, but I think you
should wrap it before aligning it, this will cause a dancing box, but you
know you have the right unit center.

Good luck

Norman Geist.