Re: Copper ion moving out of the protein towards bulk solvent

From: poker_at_physics.usyd.edu.au
Date: Wed Feb 08 2012 - 18:24:50 CST

You haven't given us enough relevant information to answer definitively.

Think carefully about the system that you constructed. For example,
did you accidentally protonate a histidine that the ion is
coordinating, which results in a steric clash? Besides, you would
ideally want to introduce additional interactions that mimic
ion-complexation at these enzymatic sites. The lack of such electron
interactions is an open issue for classical MD - so an ultimate answer
may lie in QM/MM.

Best of luck.
- P.