Re: AW: Energy minimization of membrane

From: R. Charbel Maroun (charbel.maroun_at_inserm.fr)
Date: Fri Feb 03 2012 - 08:53:37 CST

Hi,

No, I haven't run the equilibration in CHARMM 'cause I'm using NAMD.
In C-GUI's step5_assembly.str, I see :

  SET BOXTYPE = RECT
  SET XTLTYPE = TETRAGONAL
  SET A = 85.3711
  SET B = 85.3711
  SET C = 108.095
  SET ALPHA = 90.0
  SET BETA = 90.0
  SET GAMMA = 90.0
  SET ZCEN = 0.0
  SET NLIPTOP = 94
  SET NLIPBOT = 94
  SET NWATER = 15800
  SET NPWATER = 3
  SET POSID = POT
  SET NEGID = CLA
  SET NPOS = 45
  SET NNEG = 45

So, no problem for A, B, C. Is ZCEN the cellOrigin? If I don't use
Charmm, where do I get the grid size ? I found the following in the
namd wiki :
"The PME grid size should be about one cell per Angstrom in each
dimension, with factors of 2, 3, and 5 to be sure that the FFT is
efficient (i.e., order N log N complexity). Newer versions of NAMD
will pick this automatically if you set "pmeGridSpacing 1.0", but the
grid may change when a constant pressure simulation is restarted." So,
something like 90, 90 and 111 should be suitable.

On another hand, using

useFlexibleCell yes
useConstantRatio yes

I'm afraid that the cell will get distorted and not respect anymore
the starting experimental cross-sectional area (63A² for DPPC).
Wouldn't it be better to use useConstant Area ?

Cheers,

CM