Re: questions regarding ABF sampling in a DMPC bilayer

From: felmerino_at_uchile.cl
Date: Wed Jan 18 2012 - 12:27:31 CST

Hello all,

I have a somehow related question with the last topic here. We are trying to do some PMF calculation of the binding (really detachment) of a protein-DNA complex with umbrella sampling. As a collective variable we are using the minimal distance between the groups as implemented in this paper: J Am Chem Soc. 2009 131(29):9864-5. The forces are applied thorugh the tcl forces module. The sampling problem is not so bad when the two groups are very close, but it gets really nasty when they are far apart and both molecules are somehow "free" to diffuse. The thing is that this portion of the PMF is needed to compare against experimental dG values. Do you think that accelerated MD will be a good way to help this issue? In principle, it is possible to unbias the aMD simulation and also the umbrella potential, but i am not sure wether they will work well together.

Regards

Felipe
----Mensaje original---- De: jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr Fecha: 18-ene-2012 15:00 Para: "Ajasja Ljubeti?"<ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com> CC: "namd-l"<namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu> Asunto: Re: namd-l: questions regarding ABF sampling in a DMPC bilayer Dear Ajasja,

Good questions! I hope other users find them interesting.