Re: TClforce

From: poker_at_physics.usyd.edu.au
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 21:22:25 CDT

  Dear Swarna,
  My impressions are that the executable will always summon the
calcforces proc every time step. If you only want to *apply* the
forces every x timesteps, I would suggest wrapping the contents of the
calcofrces in some variation of "if {t mod x} eq 1" loop.
  If you really have to stop NAMD from calling calcfrces every
timestep... have you tried regular switching the tclForces parameter?
It's not very neat, but it's a possible solution since NAMD config
files are also tcl-based.

- Poker.