Re: membrane moving up in simulation box

From: Marcos Sotomayor (sotomayo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2011 - 01:58:17 CDT

Dear Subbarao,

As far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with what you describe
(unless it is a systematic drift, in which case you may want to try
options like "Zeromomentum", avoid doing single runs that are too long,
or/and avoid multiple time stteping).

The system/membrane will move around and that's normal. Why do you expect
the membrane to be fixed?

A few comments about your conf file: If you are using rigid bonds all,
then you can increase your timestep from 1 to 2 fs. Once your system is
equilibrated, you really shouldn't need "margin 3"

Regards,
Marcos.