ABF & distanceZ projection axis more

From: HAMID - (h2a1385_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2011 - 03:05:07 CDT

Dear Giacomo,

I would apologize for disturbing you again.
To test my understanding about your response I depict a situation in
attached pdf file.
The fig.ABF window shows my setup; a ligand move toward channel lumen
from bulk water, the first distance along X-axis is about +10 and
ligand reaches to channel pore at +8.
Ligand continues its path toward the channel and the distance between
them be zero when those COM find same position. I set the e vector of
distanceZ component to (-1,0,0). Final PMF graph is similar to graph
one. If I change e to (1,0,0) which graphs depict correct results,
graph 3 or 2?
I inferred from your previous answer that the graph 2 is correct one.
Does it correct?
Thanks in advance for your attentions.

Best.

--