Re: Denaturation via increased temperature

From: Jernej Zidar (jernej.zidar_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2011 - 04:38:55 CDT

Hi Bjoern.
  Infolding of proteins typically happens on a much larger time scale. A 25-ns simulation is not enough if you want to study protein unfolding without using any special techniques (Acelerated Sampling Methods, page 148 in the NAMD User's Guide).

  If possible I would first try to extend the trajectory to at least 50 ns. Then, if no changes would occur I would use the aforementioned techniques.

Regards,
Jernej