Re: Batch Mode MD simulation Script for NAMD

From: Babban Mia (babbanmia_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2011 - 07:36:56 CDT

Hello

As was suggested by Norman, I built a similar shell script and it is working
fine but I think Norman assumed that output.coor files generated at the end
of one NAMD run are not the binary,
Infact they are the binary files and doing the step

*"cp $name$i.coor $name$i.pdb " *becomes redundant and more so because of
the binary nature of .coor file , the further coordinates can not be
specified for the script like *
**"echo coordinates myprod$temp.coor >> $name$i.namd" *because .coor here is
binary and thus namd does not recongnize it as a pdb file and does not load
in the coordinates for the next run.

Is there a way we can switch .coor from binary to normal?
I looked at the NAMD tutorial as well and it does say that the only non
binary files generated at the end of one script are :

   1. output_eq.xsc
   2. output_eq.restart.xsc
   3. output_eq.restart.xsc.

Please advise,if only the .coor files (in binary form) could be used to load
the coordinates for future runs,I would not have any problems or may be
there is a way to convert .coor from binary into pdb at the end of each run
with the help of simple command line.*

*Best
Babban*
*