patch becoming too small

From: Jorgen Simonsen (jorgen589_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2011 - 01:14:33 CDT

Hi all,

I am doing a membrane simulation with a protein and I get the following error

FATAL ERROR: Periodic cell has become too small for original patch grid!
Possible solutions are to restart from a recent checkpoint,

so I believe I have equilibrated the system rather well - the change
in volume had a gradient close to zero and the total energy has also
been equilibrated it is oscillating around a certain value. When I
restart the system the simulation continues and the observables such
as total energy and volume are still oscillating around the same
values as before(first part of simulation 9 ns and second part 9 ns).

I am using periodic boundary conditions but I have not set the
constant area to true

useConstantArea no ;

could this resolve the problem?

Thx,