Re: Equilibration

From: Erik Nordgren (nordgren_at_sas.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2011 - 20:44:38 CDT

Chris gives good advice. However, it looks like Andres was indeed using
periodic boundaries, just spherical ones.

Perhaps the issue is merely one of visualization? In other words, if you
really are using PBC, then if your protein wanders off to the edge of the MD
cell, it doesn't matter in terms of the dynamics, because in fact the
protein is still surrounded by solvent; it might just "look funny" if you
visualize the coordinates without taking the PBC into account.

-Erik

--
C. Erik Nordgren, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry