Re: formyl and ethanolamide parameters and topology

From: flavio seixas (oivalf_nix_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2011 - 12:08:58 CDT

Hi,

I normally use the following protocol:

1) Search for your molecule at Pubchem and copy the SMILES format of it.

2) Go to the Zinc database (http://zinc.docking.org/) and use the SMILES format to search and download the *.mol2 version of the molecule.

   Alternatively uou may use Quimera software to generate Hydrogens and save as *.mol2 from a simple *.pdb file.

3) Then, go to the Swiss Param (http://swissparam.ch/) and use the *.mol2 file to generate parameters and topology of interest.

OBS: Note that inside of the topology file the name of the residue will be LIG, independently of the molecule, and you must change it before use.

I hope it can help.

Dr. Flavio Augusto Vicente Seixas
Professor Adjunto do Departamento de Bioquímica - DBQ
Universidade Estadual de Maringá - UEM
Av. Ângelo Moreira da Fonseca, 1800 - Zona 7
87506-370 - UMUARAMA - PR - BRAZIL