Re: CUDA limitations

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 12 2011 - 12:45:44 CDT

Here are quick answers with some explanation:

ABF, meta-dynamics - yes (doesn't alter nonbonded interactions)

useFlexibleCell, useConstantRatio, useConstantArea
   - yes since NAMD 2.7 (pressure tensor is now calculated on GPU)

accelerated MD - no (requires energy, which is not accelerated) but
     should work when energy evaluation on the GPU is implemented

Martini force field - martiniSwitching is broken in both CPU and GPU,
     but yes when the bug is fixed, but coarse grained systems won't
     see much of a performance boost from the GPU because there just
     aren't that many particles. You could benchmark it as-is, though.

implicit solvent - no (requires special nonbonded interactions) but
     certainly a candidate for the GPU in a future release

-Jim