Re: question on the center of mass calculation in colvar

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 16 2011 - 10:33:23 CDT

Hello Hyon, if the coordinates are the ones you wrote during the simulation,
the CM computed for your group "main" is (-1, 0, 0).

Obviously, if you're using wrapAll, that will change the coordinate of one
atom or the other (depending on where the origin of the box is). I suggest
that you disable wrapAll and use just wrapWater (unless you're considering
atoms within water molecules).

Giacomo

---- ----
  Giacomo Fiorin - Postdoctoral Researcher
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science - Temple University
  1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
  giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu
---- ----