Re: FEP with flattened free energy surface?

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2011 - 11:45:29 CDT

Hi Ivan,

That should be possible. Here is how I see it:
1) run ABF to get biasing potential
2) run FEP with ABF bias, disabling updatePotential to keep the bias
time-independent.
In this step, save FEP data and colvars trajectory with the same
frequency (e.g. 10 timesteps) to make the next step easier
3) compute a FEP estimator with unbiased data: you need to reweight
the ensemble averages based on the applied ABF bias.

Cheers,
Jerome