Re: partial charges for organic ligands

From: johan strumpfer (johanstr_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2011 - 12:40:48 CDT

Hi Francesco,

It's not just about better approximating reality but also about using
the correct parameterisation procedure for consistency with what has
been done in the rest of the force-field. CHARMM uses a very specific
parametisation and hence AM1BCC charges may not be the best to use.
Aonther option would be to use the amber force field or generalised
amber force field with RESP charges.

Cheers,
Johan