Re: A "strange" observation during ColVar calculations

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2011 - 11:30:56 CDT

Hi,

This is strange indeed. Is it possible that the colvars are I/O bound
here. Are the colvars writing large volumes of data? Can you try
setting colvarsTrajFrequency to 0?

Also, you can generally request a full node even if you do not use all
cores. Indeed, job queuing systems often assume this (and accordingly,
they charge you for using the whole node).

If the performance problem persists, you can post your colvars input
file, we'll have a look.

Best,
Jerome