Re: Positional restraints - Dielectric constant

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 13:42:33 CST

Hi Francesco, if you set position restraints on just those two atoms (anion
and hydrogen from the protein), there's a chance that when you go on with a
long MD run, both the membrane and protein drift across the unit cell, but
the Glu hydrogen stays fixed, and this may distort the structure. I think
indeed the safest may well be to set up a distance colvar and a restraint on
that.

Giacomo

---- ----
  Dr. Giacomo Fiorin
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science - Temple University
  1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
  giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu
---- ----