Re: Psfgen Errors for C-type Heme

From: Thomas Freeman (Thomas.L.Freeman_at_dartmouth.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 01 2011 - 14:15:56 CST

Thanks for the assistance Flavio, however, I do not think these topology
files will be adequate. I have used the heme topology file before with
the PHEM patch in the past but this assumes a non c-type heme. The heme
in the protein that I am working on is covalently bound to the protein
through two cys bonds and is coordinated to methionine and histidine.
This is why I have chosen to use this alternate topology file (attached).

Using the topology file you sent me along with the PHEM patch does not
produce the stray hydrogen atom but I still receive the error that the
GLU 161 O atom coordinates failed to be set.

Thanks,

--
Thomas Freeman
Graduate Student