Re: energy jump between minimization and simulation

From: Eva Gonzalez Noya (evanoya_at_uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 13:15:01 CST

Actually I do not know. I am a new NAMD user and not sure how it works.

But the way I was doing these calculations was by setting up the
minimization and run commands in the same conf file, so I do not know
what the program does. ]Anyway I get the same result when in read the
velocities from the binary restart file.

Also I checked in the log file and temperature is low (about 1 K), which
is in keeping with what I would expect. I am starting the MD from a
configuration close to the minimum and set the temperature close to
zero, so some movement appears because most likely I am not exactly at
the minimum and forces are not exactly zero, so that particles move a
bit and the temperature increases a little. What I do not understand is
why the potential energy (I think alll contributions to the potential
energy) change.

Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Eva