Force constant for Umbrella Sampling

From: Buddhadev Maiti (chebm_at_langate.gsu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2011 - 19:19:02 CST

Dear NAMD Users,
I am performing Umbrella sampling using NAMD-2.7 version. Basically I would like to know whether in this calculations, as far as the force constant is concerned, the selected part of the different atoms can be regarded as a single effective "atom" or the force constant refers to individual atoms inside each selected region. Also, I would like to know what is the appropriate value of the force constant. Also please suggest me if any problem in Distance.in file, it will be great help for me.
Have a nice day,
Thanks,
Maiti

Distance.in: