Re: Proposed Feature in Targeted MD

From: felmerino_at_uchile.cl
Date: Mon Jan 31 2011 - 20:20:04 CST

Hey,

I tried the method that jerome proposed with metadynamics and it appears to work really well (they are preliminary tests although). When i did the same using a SMD style simulation with that same colvar to calculate work the results were very poor. Also, there is a paper somehow benchmarking metadynamics and abf in namd where a similar approach is performed with abf (if i remember well it is a henin et alii 2010.... i'm not sure).

If you are interested on the pmf along a certian path defined by some end points maybe you should try the path collective variables available in plumed. You can mix that code with your favourite md engine (including NAMD and Gromacs)

best

felipe