Re: Help With colvars/abf Please

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2011 - 09:10:50 CST

Hi Angelo,

It looks like a problem with the way the colvar is defined. Most
probably, the sets of atoms for either the "ref" or "main" groups is
not what you intended. The value of the colvar at time zero (here, 46
A) should be exactly what you expect from the setup. To troubleshoot
this, check the colvars log as part of the NAMD standard output. Are
the total masses of each atom group correct? If you visualize group
"main" in VMD, remember that VMD uses 0-based indices while NAMD uses
1-based atom numbers (in VMD, they are called "serial"). You can also
visualize the reference group in VMD by loading the PDB file and
coloring the display by beta value.

Cheers,
Jerome