Re: Distance XY-colvars

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2011 - 16:12:32 CST

Hi Alex, you're right on both points, the definition is the same as the
formula you wrote (rc) and its values are always greater than or equal to
zero. You can guess by yourself that setting a negative lowerBoundary does
not make a lot of sense, although it's harmless.

If you choose to put a harmonic wall on the upper boundary, please allow for
some tolerance above there. If 1.3 Å is too high for you, increase
upperWallConstant.

Giacomo

---- ----
  Dr. Giacomo Fiorin
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science - Temple University
  1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
  giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu
---- ----