Re: Adding extra bond

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2010 - 04:20:11 CST

francesco,

this is the kind of task, the topotools plugin was written for.

you can do: topo addbond <atom id1> <atom id2>
            or: topo delbond <atom id1> <atom id2>

to selectively add or remove bonds. there are similar
commands to add/delete angles and dihedrals that
go with this bond, too. or you can use the guessangle
guessdihedral commands to rebuild the angle/dihedral
lists from the bond topology.

this functionality is fairly new, so i would strongly
advise to carefully check the results (for each bonded
interaction is a get/set XXXlist command) to make sure
you get the modification that you want/need.

please let me know, if there are any problems (or bugs?).

cheers,
     axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer