Ions conversion from atomic model to coarse grained model

From: 周文昌 (wenchangyu2006_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 11:41:41 CST

Hi all,
As saying in the title, does anybody know how I can do that conversion?

I got a piece of information from the webpage of cgtools plugin, saying the
users can build up the "CG database file format" for their molecules. I also
got the CG database file for POPC. Also in that page (
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/cgtools/) saying "an ion
together with its first hydration shell (six water molecules) is represented
by one CG bead" (page search can find it easily), does it mean I have to
create CG database file with one ion and six waters? As all the water are
already in my system, how I can divide my waters? Thanks a lot.

Best,
Wenchang