Re: change force field in NAMD

From: Erik Santiso (esantiso_at_mit.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2010 - 15:30:04 CDT

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is not so simple - there isn't a single piece of code
where NAMD calculates the forces. Depending on exactly what you want to
change, it may be relatively simple or may require a major programming
effort (which you may not want to carry out).

The structure and inner workings of NAMD are described in several online
documents, e.g.

http://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/development.html

I found the one below particularly useful, although it is a bit old:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/1.5/pg.ps

Maybe you could be a bit more explicit about exactly what you want to
change?

Erik.