Re: NAMD and Gromacs

From: BIN ZHANG (zhngbn_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 17:02:04 CDT

Hi,

The easiest way I found is to do it component-wisely.

Suppose, you have protein+membrane+water+ion in your system.
1): Use VMD script to save your system into individual pdbs, like,
protein.pdb, membrane.pdb, water.pdb, ion.pdb
2):
a: use gromacs pdb2gmx to generate topology for protein, membrane. If
you want to use force field like CHARMM, AMBER, this should be
straightforward. However, if you prefer OPLS, then some tricks are
needed to convert the lipid molecules.
b: use gromacs editconf to convert water.pdb, ion.pdb to *.gro files.
Here you need to change the names like TIP3 to SOL, OH2 to HW2, etc.
3): Now you can simply cat all the components in gro format into a
united file. Then include the protein, membrane topologies into the
system topology file.
4): Done.

Hope this helps,
Bin