VdW and fixatoms

From: Ranyere Deyler (ranyere_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2010 - 00:07:06 CDT

Dear Namd Users, i've got a simple question about the "fixatoms" flag.
Well, i'm running a system that most of the atoms are fixed, they're like
walls. So I want to know that if when the "fixatoms" are "on", if Namd keeps
on calculating the interaction between fixed atoms. Because i read something
about an option in "fixatoms" that is wether or not the VdW are calculated.
So what i want to know is if this VDW interaction is between two fixed
atoms, or if i "turn on" that option it will stop calculating the VdW
interaction between the fixed atom and the moving atom.
I don't know if it got a little confusing. But i think it's understandable.

Thanks a lot!

Ranyere Deyler Trindade