Re: Minimization messes up C terminal

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 20:02:41 CDT

Hi Pavan,
My knowledge of using charmm to generate structure files is quite
limited. Is there any reason you're not using namd's psfgen? Did you try
calling autogen
(http://www.charmm.org/documentation/c34b1/struct.html#%20Autogen) after
applying the terminal patches?
Editing things by hand is almost never the right answer; given that
people regularly use charmm with cmap, I have to assume that there is
some command to generate the needed angles/dihedrals, so if they are
indeed missing from the psf, you should probably check on the charmm
forums and see what the correct solution is.
Best,
Peter